About Me

My photo
I'm a cross stitch addict!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

1-2-09 First Day's Progress On Crabby SAL











Well it's not much but you can get a feel for the color fabric I chose; which by the way is 28 count Lugana Cinnamon Roll by Silkweaver. I've about decided NOT to change to overdyed floss as I think the poject is just too bug for that. That's not to say I won't add a touch or 3 of my own interpretation along the way. LOL My Mom calls it "Raping the pattern" but I just can't leave them alone gotta add my own twist.




I'm planning on trying to get some more done today but I'm also working on another project that just WOULDN'T wait. It is Bent Creek's Hello My Name Is Boo! Name Tag Pattern (which I think is discontinued-it's been on my Wish List a long time) that Sandy from SanMan Originals loaned me. I'm stitching it on 3 different colored fabrics one of which (the purple) is for Sandy (but don't tell her-it's a surprise for loaning me the pattern), the peach is for my friend Kay who likes cat patterns and will probably never get around to stitching it. LOL Especially since I have to return the pattern to Sandy. Kay doesn't do well with stitching deadlines. The last one on the brown is for me! I've already started the 'raping' as it were by changing the color of the first 2 cats as well as the mask color and the collar color. How's that for following directions? My cat will be blackish with a red mask and the pumpkins will vary in color as well. I'm anxious to see how they turn out so they will probably get preference over Crabby.

I have to go into the office today to print out invoices an I always seem to get sucked into trying to catch up on other stuff since it's a part time bookkeeping job and there is always more to do but am going to try to resist today as my son Josh will be going back to school in Boston at the butt-crack of dawn on Monday and I don't know when I'll get to see him again. Wahhhhhh! I hate that he lives so far away but the Massachusettes College of Art is where he decided to go and I didn't really have an option ya know? I'll be trying to cram as much time in with him before he goes as possible since last year he only got to come home once.
I'll try to be a better blogger and keep you posted on my Crabby progress.


PS: I've ordered the Lizzie Kate Boo Double Flip Its as well as the threads! I've pulled my fabric: 28 count Monaco Flair in Smoky Haze by Enchanted Fabrics. The picture from the website shows the aida but I'll show you a real scan once I get started.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great progress on Crabby! I should be able to post an update soon myself.

    I love Bent Creek, especially their silly kitty designs. LOVE that purple fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd better get stitching more - gotta catch up! Great work on Crabby.

    ReplyDelete